Question

Heavy weight
Hi, Im a 29yr overweight male (116kg) I have been gyming for the past 2 months 3times a wk (cardio & circut) my weight loss is only 2kg for the two months. I eat healthy everyday (and I hate it). How can i boost my weight loss but at the same time increase the look of my physique.My bp is 138/102 and battling to stablize it, without compromising the effort i have put into gyming thus far.
My routine is 30min cardio and 1hour on the circut doing the max weight i can 3 sets of 8 reps. Please help!
J

Hi Jay

A couple of missing pieces - one is whether you are on medication for that high BP? If you are, that may explain low weight loss, and you might want to consider seeing your doctor about an alernative.

In terms of exercise, the question I would ask is whether you are getting fitter? Put aside the weight loss and the scale for a moment, and ask whether you are able to do more exercise now than you were 2 months ago? Can you run further, cycle at a higher level, walk faster etc? Because if you can, then you're on the right track. However, if you can't then it might indicate that the level of training is not quite right for you.

I suspect that you will benefit by reviewing your programme. That's a bit of a guess, but for one thing, I would spend the next 2 or 3 months with more focus on the cardio - you don't need 1 hour of circuit training and weight training. You need do probably increase the cardio to 45 minutes to 1 hour per day, and then probably do 20 to 30min of circuit, that's all. If you can spend the next 2 months focused on getting faster, fitter, stronger, the weight will take care of itself.

So have alook on the Fitness page of this site, and click on "programmes", where you will find a range of programmes. I'd suggest going for one of the cardio programmes and sticking to it for a couple of months.