Ask an expert

21 Feb 2003

hefty issues
My family seems to think I need to go to a therapist because they say I'm obsessed with my weight, do you think I have a problem. I was once really over weight and all I want now is to get thin and stay that why, so I watch what I eat, I exercise and take diet pills they seem to think this is crazy. Wht's your opinion?
Answer 424 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Gobbles ( do I detect a rather fat self-image from your nick ? )
There's only on way to et a wise and accurate answer to this important question --- for you to see a psychiatrist for an expert assessment and advice. You might be right --- the family may be over-reacing. Or they might be right, as Eating Disorders are surprisingly common, and can be dangerous, while the person with such a disorder may find it dificult to reconize what may be obvious to anyone else who knows her.
Let the shrink be an arbitrator, after assessing you and the situation.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18748 votes