Question

Height and weight averages
Dear Doc,

Please would you provide me with information regarding the average weights and heights per country. If you could provide me with a web site that would also be very useful. At what age does one stop growing and what causes the differences in height in many countries such as in Germany one tends to find them being of a very tall height.

I am 19 and am 8 foot something and would like to know if I have stop growing most likely.
Please would you e-mail your answers to me.

Many thanks Doc
Ian

HI there

We prefer to work on weight ranges, rather than specific weights, since this varies so much from one individual to another. Furthermore, the age at which one stops growing varies greatly. Some people contunue to grow until aged 23 others stop at aged 18.
Height is also greatly genetically determined, so if your parents and or grandparents are shortish, you are more likely never to be tall.

I don't know of any website, so I suggest you just go to google.com and do a search on height and weight charts - I'm sure that will give you some options.

Good luck.