Question

HELLP - Syndrome
What is HELLP-Syndrome and what causes exactly??

I developed this with my pregnancy and my son was born prematurely at 29 weeks (1.4kg) Now, I have been advised against having any more children is this true??
All I was told (by my gynae at the time) was that I would develop this syndrome again and that the chances of baby making it to 29 weeks would be slim.

Please advise.

The HELLP syndrome is a complication of pre-eclampsia - hypertension and protein in the urine which some women develop in pregnancy. The recurrence risk is about 10% so it is by no means definite that it will happen again. Low dose aspirin and calicum are used to help prevent it. So there are options.