Question

help...
Hey, I have 2 weeks to gain weight but am terribly frightened of becoming overweight.Can I get fat if I eat lots of sweet potato, butternut, corn, seed bread and only whole wheat products with lean white meat or fish and legumes.Please help clear my mind so I can eat again.

Dear Me
I am not sure what is going on here?? You say you want to gain weight, but on the other hand you are terribly frightened of becoming overweight? Do you suffer from an eating disorder? You say you need help to clear your mind so that you can eat again? These messages sound as if you may have problems with eating like anorexia? or have you been dieting very strictly and now need to gain some weight again? The foods you list as low in energy, so you will certainly not become overweight when eating them, but why are you only going to eat these foods? What about low-fat milk and diary products to ensure that you obtain 1000 mg of calcium a day? By all means eat the foods you list, but do add 2-3 cups of milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese to provide the calcium.