Ask an expert

31 May 2011

I am unemployed young man with a Bcom degree. Is there hope// It has been six months now and i am scared that I am gonna lose my house. Am dominated by suicide thoughts.
Answer 516 views

01 Jan 0001

There must be and should be hope. But do see a psychiatrist as soon as practical ; you can do this directly or by going to the casualty department of any major state / provincial hospital and asking to see a psychiatrist, explaining that you are feeling suicidal and need help. You are depressed and can be greatly helped by treatment, and at a state / provincial hospital costs would be related to your income, and so potentially free.
The job situation is far from easy, but it should be practical, especially for someone with a qualification such as yours. Various authorities regularly complain about a lack of work-seekers with qualifications like yours.
I am sure other readers can advise, from within the jobs market, as to how to improve your chances of success.
If there are financial problems, such as your house, other readers can also advise here, based on their own experiences. For instance, do discuss the problem with your bank - they should be able to work with you to make a plan to save the house, defer payments, or explore possibly downsizing your home more affordably - they claim to be experts on that sort of thing, and should want you to remain in your home.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17788 votes