Question

HELP
I took fertomid 50mg about a mnth and a half ago ( i had not been getting my periods because of a contraceptive)..i was meant to take a 2nd course end oy May if my periods dont come..i ddnt go get the 2nd course, because i started getting ovulation syptoms.

>  tender and swollen breasts
>  brown-ish discharge for two days.
>  Cramping
>  pinkish discharge

I took a pregnancy test twice since then, but all negative.
I have since been feeling nausea for two weeks now..feel sick after eating i cnt eat anything, but still a negative pregnancy result. do i go get the 2nd course of fertomid, or should i go see a GP instead..please help????

Dear Pinky

The main problem with using Fertomid is the production of ovarian cysts and the symptoms that you are reporting may well be related to that. I would therefore strongly suggest that you visit your family practitioner or gynaecologist and have a pelvic ultrasound scan done. This will also aid in ruling out a pregnancy and furthermore will assist in establishing other possible causes of you missing your periods.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim