Ask an expert

17 Feb 2009

help please
hi, i find penetration very painful. can i have my hymen cut?
want to fall pregnant , dont know what to do.
Answer 385 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear Desperate

There may many reasons for the problem that you have described and it would be best for you to visit your gynaecologist to assess the situation more carefully. The most common cause of this situation is spasms of the vaginal muscles and surgery is not always the answer to this type of problem.

Answered by: Dr M. I. Cassim
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.