Question

Help - re chemotherapy
HI - not sure if you can help. I am having treatment for breast cancer and although I am halfway through the part I am really really upset about (believe it or not) is that I have just been put on a new drug which causes total hair loss. I cannot gracefully handle this and although been very positive till now, I am thinking of quitting. I have 4 more treatment but the last two have caused depression and although the side affects aren't unbearable I just feel like I have had enough. Will 400 mg of Taxotere on a 21 day cycle cause hair loss.?????? I have been so strong till now but also must have 5 weeks every day radiation plus Hercepton for a year. Cant seem to see the bigger picutre.

Dear DD,
This is SO difficult to answer as I don't know what kind of breast cancer you have - HER + or -, Estrogen sensitive or not. May I please ask you to talk to an oncologist - if you don't want to talk to your own one, get a second opinion. Remember that breast cancer is treatable to a big extent and if it is going to grant you healthy years in future, maybe it is worth losing your hair now? Dr Coccia Portugal in Pretoria is a specialist oncologist with breast cancer if you want to talk to someone that is really knowledgable.