Question

Help to understand
Please assist me as I am trying to understand this.....
Been ttcing for a year now and can'  t understand the following:

AF 3/12 (CD26), 28/12 (CD26), 20/1 (CD24)

According to me I should have had AF last week and Thursday (12/2/2009 CD24).
Went for a blood test on Monday and negative after doing 2 HPT'  s which were also negative.
Why have I not started AF yet.
On CD 32 today
Feel queezy etc.
FS put me on Duphaston for 5 days. Drinking my 4th one tonight.
Can the blood test be wrong.....Don'  t know what to think.
Should I do a HPT tonight or if the blood test shows negative is it negative

Please help as I am now very very confused
fertility expert

Dear Trace

Generally the blood tests are quite accurate in determining if a pregnancy has occurred after a few days of an expected period. However considering you have some symptoms suggestive of a pregnancy I would suggest repeat another blood test to see if it is still negative. If it is still negative and you still have not seen your period the chances are high that you may have not ovulated in the last cycle. On withdrawal of Duphaston you should be able to have a menstrual bleed about 3-4 days after stopping it.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo