Question

Help - unfulfilled marriage
I need help. I am married, 47 years old, a fit, strong, healthy, positive guy.Problem is my wife. While she as a lot of positive qualities, she drives me mad. She is hardly into sex, its always a mission for her and on top of that she is always sleeping and partly depressed, while I carry the load for the family. This has been going on for many years. She is on meds and they dont seem to help. We nearly got divorced last ear over all this,but she made promises and made some changes...for a couple months. Now its back to usual, and I just cant take it. I would leave her immediately but we have 2 high maintenance and quite fragile kids (emotionally) and i just cant do it to THEM to break up the house, live seperately etc. What do I do??? Any advice??

Askm to meet with her psychiatrist, and ask him why there has been so little progress in her treatment, and what more could be done. Personally, in a case such as you describe, I would like to ensure that the person received Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy (CBT ) which is highly effective in treating depression, as well as properly monitored antidepressant medication. I hope she has been seeing a proper specialist Psychiatrist and not only a GP.