Question

HELP WITH WEIGHT
I HAVE STARTED EATING HEALTY FOODS AND STARTED GYMING, ITS BEEN ABOUT A MONTH. I HAVE GONE FROM 100KG TO 103KG, AND IT WAS MY PLAN TO LOSE WEIGHT NOT PICK IT UP, PLEASE HELP.

Dear Colin
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Your increase in weight either indicates that although you are eating a healthy diet, it may still contain more kilojoules than required for weight loss, or that you are building muscle tissue that weighs more than fat tissue. Stick to doing the aerobic exercises listed above, rather than workouts with weights.