Question

hemoglobinopathy Ae
My husband and eldest daughter has this very rare blood disorder call hemoglobinopathy Ae. I know that it is heriditary but would like to find out what will happen to them? Also what do we need to look out for. What are the dangers in having this disorder. They did inform us that it can cause problems with the heart and liver, but what kind of problems. Can you please give me some guidance.

Lynn, I’m not sure what haemoglobinopathy Ae is. I know of other haemoglobinopathies (they cause anaemia), but not the Ae variant. The problem is that I’m moving at the moment and that all my books have been packed away. Please repost this question next week and I’ll see what I can do. Good luck.