Question

Hepatitis B
Hi there

I`m 6 months pregnant and went for the routine blood tests , downs, hiv, hepatitis etc. Yesterday my gynae told me that I have an antegen for Hepatitis B, meaning that I could transfer this to my baby and he may have jaundice. What I want to know is whta needs to be done to prevent this, she idi mention that she will refer me to a physician and baby can only be treated upon arrival.
What will the physician do and do I have to worry? Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanx
pathologist

This means that you had Hepatitis B before. It could have been a subclinical infection if you do not remember having it. This means that you are a carrier and therefore can transfer this infection to anyone coming in contact with your blood. It is also sexually transmitted. I cannot add anything to the information your gynae gave you. Discuss treatment with her or a paediatrician.