Question

Hepatitis B and pregnancy
I am a 32 year old female, who was diagnosed as a carrier of hepatitis B virus 3 years ago. My concern now is that I am planning to conceive and now I want to know if my unborn child will be affected or infected with this virus or what are the chances that the child will be infected?.
bye
EnviroHealth expert
envirohealth expert

Yes, there is a risk that your baby can become infected; this is thought to occur during delivery. The good news is that there is treatment available to protect the baby - this starts with vaccinating the baby against hepatitis at birth. It's obviously very important to discuss this with your obstetrician.

For more info on the risks involved, please refer your question to CyberDoc, GynaeDoc or the Paediatrician.