Ask an expert

11 Jul 2005

are there hepatologist — a liver specialist, in SA
Answer 807 views

01 Jan 0001

Sooji, I know there definitely are specialist physicians and gastroenterologists that specialise in liver problems, but I don’t know it they can actually register as hepatologists with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. The best would be to contact them at 012 338 9300. Their website is at Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.