Question

hepititis
my female boerboel has hepititis (dog illness). I lost 9 puppies due to that last year. It should not be wise for her to have babies again. or for me for that matter, (i lost a lot off weight with mourning after them). So I can' t fix her at this moment for financial reasons and i still owe the Vet money from the puppies ( i' m still paying off). So I heard that you can give your dog the female contraceptive injection. is that correct?

Dear Mandy

The injection is called Delvosterone and can be given to prevent a next season. Works best to give before season starts. Do not use over and over again as this can cause uterus infection.

The only problem is that your vet will prob charge you a consult fee and for the inj. So you're looking at a +\- R200 bill to start with.