Question

Herbal tablets
Can some of the ingredients in herbal tablets make me edgy? (tense,jittery,stressed,anxious)
Ingredients:Rhodiola Rosea,Rosavin & Salidroside,Ginkgo Biloba,Flax-seed,L.Glutamine,Phosphotidyl Choline,Vit B6,B3,B5,B12.

Thank you.

Dear Isabelle
Are you using these herbal tablets for slimming purposes? If so, then they may be making you jittery. I am not acquainted with the herbs, but the flax-seed, choline and vitamins should not have such an effect. If the tablet causes appetite suppression then one of the ingredients probably mimics epinephrine or caffeine, which could both make you jittery. Are you on a very-low-energy diet? If so, the diet may well be responsible because your blood sugar and brain serotonin levels are probably depressed. If these symptoms continue, it may be a good idea to stop taking the tablets and to start eating a more balanced diet.
Take care