Question

Herbalife
Hi, I know this sounds like a question made for Diet Doc but i wanted a Doctors (GP) point of view. I have bought myself Herbalife Shake and thermojetec Tea in order to loose 5Kgs please could you advise me if Herbalife products are dangerous as I have heard Bad things and Good things about the product and before i put my body through any damage i would just like to be sure.

Thank you.

Dear T
The protein shakes are not harmful - but the problem with using shakes is that one never really learns to eat right and you pick up the weight easily as soon as you stop it. I personally don't think the thermogenetic teas really do much - exercising for 30 minutes per day would be much more effective. Often the thermogenetic supplements contain high levels of caffeien that can cause insomnia and jitteryness.