Question

Hermaphrodite (She - Male)
Dear Doc, and all participants

I saw an erotic movie on this subject, and was surprised at what I saw: These ladies actually have a penis as well as a vagina (and of course the rest of the female body). I was under the impression that these people had a penis only, without the vagina.

In this movie the lady masturbated using her penis, and she ejaculated like a man does. Was what I saw in actual fact real? Or was the movie "doctored"? I have a million questions on this subject.

Doc, please give us an overview and some facts on this subject; I think we would all be interested in learning. Can we please open a discussion on the subject?

Simply put, intersexuality is a set of medical conditions that features "congenital anomaly of the reproductive and sexual system." That is, a person with an intersex condition is born with sex chromosomes, external genitalia, or an internal reproductive system that is not considered "standard" for either male or female.

How common are intersex conditions?
No one knows exactly how many children are born with intersex conditions because of the secrecy and deception surrounding it. Estimates range widely depending largely on where you draw the line.

How do I know if I have an intersex condition?
ISNA is working to create a world free of shame, secrecy, and unwanted sexual surgeries for children born with anatomy that someone decided is not standard male or female. This is different from, for example, having a feeling that your identity is different from most women (or men). People with intersex conditions generally don't have to search for evidence that they are intersexed; the evidence is in their own bodies. For instance, women who do not have ovaries, men who don't have testes, people who remember multiple genital surgeries during childhood, people who have ambiguous genitalia. Surgeons, even today, cannot create "normal" looking genitals, and surgery was much poorer decades ago. Thus, if you have genitals that look like most women (or men), then you were surely born with these genitals.

"She -males" are usually Male to Female transsexuals that have not yet had their surgery, but only the hormones.
I'm not sure what you saw on the video, but it appears to be a turn on for you. If you just look at the amount of "she males" that advertise in the newspaper columns, their is obviously a need for this.

For more information go to www.Amazon.com
"Intersex in the Age of Ethics"
Writings by intersex people and allies explore ethics of intersex treatment. $19.95.

"Hermaphrodites and the Medical Invention of Sex"
Alice Dreger traces the history of how and why doctors constructed of sex, gender, and sexuality. $16.95.

"Lessons from the Intersexed"
Suzanne Kessler's book shows how widely accepted social beliefs and scientific explanations reinforce each other. $18.

"Teaching Intersex Issues" Kit
Complete kit for teachers addressing intersex issues in Women's Studies and other related fields. $85.

"Chrysalis: Intersex Awakening Issue"
Special issue of Chrysalis: Journal of Transgressive Gender Identities that is entirely devoted to intersex issues. $7.50.

Dr Elna Mcintosh