Question

HERPES
LAST YEAR I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STI (herpes) does this means my girlfriend she was sleeping with someone with that disease cause me I only slept with her only.

Please Advise
Tshepo

Apologies for the delay, I was experiencing difficulties accessing the webpage.

Unfortunately this is a possibility; especially if she is the first person that you have been sexually intimate with (in other words, you might have done other things but not slept with people previously). If you have been intimate with others, then you need to consider other ways that you might have contracted this disease. However, if she is the only one, then, yes it may be that the virus was transmitted from her. Not only do you need to discuss this with her and address the impact of this on your relationship - if she knew about the STI, she effectively failed to protect you from it. If there has been a betrrayal, you will need to address that. Ultimately, however, you will also need to learn how to manage your Herpes as this is one of those STIs that will recurr from time to time - in other words, you will not be able to get rid of it but will need to work around it and ensure that you don't in turn transmit it to another partner in the future. Speak to whoever diagnosed the Herpes to make sure that you have as much information about it to manage your sexual health from here on in.

Claire - SASHA