Question

Hey!
Hey fitness doc! keep up the good job!
K, i play alot of sports (hockey, athletics, waterpolo, swimming) and i go 2 gym and do spinning. from your opinion which sports are physically best, which use up the most energy in order to lose weight and tone muscle without building bulk!? My bmi is ample but i just wanna lose that xtra bulk round my hips and tummy! any advice would be great.
P.S Do you by any chance know of any good tri-athlon coaches in joburg sandton way?

Thanks Wizardlips!

It's difficult to pick out one sport as physically best, since each offers unique advantages. The best option is actually a varied programme like you are doing, so long as you get some time to recover and rest up a little!
So I can't really add to your programme, unless playing sport is your full time profession!
In terms of the tummy area, if you are doing all this sport along with toning exercises for the abs etc - then perhaps it's just the diet that needs some attention.
Don't worry about building bulk (if you are a women) - you don't have enough testosterone to worry about this! Just stick to low weights and high repetitions in gym work.

Being so active, good nutrition is VITAL, so don't skimp -mbut perhaps there are healthier choices you can make.
Please write to Dietdoc about this.

Good luck.