Question

Hi again CS!
Yeah, I know it is late in the eveing, especially over there, but I have just had the most overwhelming heartache to see my older son who is still in S.A. Why would it suddenly engulf me like this? I am normally okay knowing that I can speak to him on the phone and will be seeing him next year, but, I don't know how to describe what I am feeling now. My heart is breaking.

I don't have an explanation, Trusty Frusty --- but I do know, from my own experience as well as from what people have told me of their own experiences, that it does happen like this. Memory's an odd thing. Sometimes some small unrecognized thing --- a sound, a smell, a taste, someobne who looks a bit like him, can plunge you into recall and nostalgia.