Question

Hi blood pressure
My Boyfriend has high blood pressure, and is very concerned about it. It is 135 over 101.
is this extremely high, he is 23? What preventative measures can we take diet wise or excersise wise to bring it down? Does magnesuim tables help to bring it down. Is he too young for medication?

I would appreciate any feed back you can give me.

Thank you.

Niki, his blood pressure is high for someone his age. You don’t have to worry that it will kill him or cause a stroke now, but it will cause problems in the long run. He isn’t too young to start taking medication, but he should see a specialist physician or a cardiologist before he does so. This is because in young people we sometimes find a curable cause of the high blood pressure (high blood pressure is usually treatable, not curable). Good luck.