Question

Hi everybody
Wasn't in at work this morning - was doing the final tests for one more module in my degree. Passed with flying colours naturally (insert diva wave).

Now just for that supplementary on the 20th. Not really worried though. Its all about user interface design - whether on computers or on other things. Although it does center around computers. The principles can be taken over to e.g. car dashboards - anything a person has to interact with. Its just so interesting. There's even a whole paragraph telling people about the bad design of some doors - sometimes you don't know whether to push or pull, there was even a picture and paragraph of a glass door without handles - and it looked the same all over. How are you supposed to get through that one! Really kewl subject. Plus I'm going on Saturday to the university to register for this year. Paying for it myself - don't care what the boss says. Then if he wants me to take regular leave instead of study leave - thats fine by me too.

Hopefully by then I will be safely ensconced in a ergonomically designed office space at my old company anyway. Even if everything is open-plan. Lots of people around to chat to. Then there is the company sponsored canteen too - I like to take my main meal during lunch anyway.

Hi. Congrats on passing so well ( of course ). I like the User Interface theme, as so many technologies and other stuff is so badly designed in this way. I remember being very impressed the first time I visited scandinavia, but the good design sense, even in cheap student dorms --- when you walked into a dark room, the light switch was exactly where your hand would go in looking for it, etc.
As for all those ergonomics --- are you talking about your Old Company or the New Company ? Ah, reading your later response, this seems to be your new old company. I'd hold thumbs right now, but my typing is bad enough already