Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
22 Apr 2006
high blood pressure
my blood pressue goes very high 220/125 whenever I am hungry
Get to a doctor IMMEDIATELY! With a blood pressure like that, you are the highest possible risk for a massive stroke, which is likely to be fatal. Your condition is called MALIGNANT HYPERTENSION.
Hunger does not cause high blood pressure, and eating will not make it better. All that will do is to make you gain weight, which will push your BP up even more.
You need urgent treatment to get that BP down. If your BP is relatively normal, but goes up to those levels at times, then you could have very serious condition, which is linked to hormone-producing tumours. And that definitely needs investigating. This condition is not one which can be managed by a GP, so please get to a specialist cardiologist as soon as possible.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Five nutrition mistakes you make when you start exercising
- The recovery of your brain depends greatly on sleep, and it cannot be replaced by rest
- Face masks and the right messaging: Without proper education, could lead to greater Covid-19 spread
- Activists are calling for a people’s vaccine
- How a healthy brain paralyses you while you sleep
- EXCLUSIVE | It's who you know - ex-cops score big in Crime Intelligence PPE scandal
- A dark history of alcohol dependency: Does SA have what it takes to sober up?
- Adriaan Basson | My predictions and wishes for 2021
- ANALYSIS | As Covid-19 ravages the economy, women pay a higher price
- One of SA's largest funeral homes sees 300% increase in funerals in the Eastern Cape in December
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18646 votes