Question

22 Apr 2006

high blood pressure
my blood pressue goes very high 220/125 whenever I am hungry
HeartDoc

Dear Getz,

Get to a doctor IMMEDIATELY! With a blood pressure like that, you are the highest possible risk for a massive stroke, which is likely to be fatal. Your condition is called MALIGNANT HYPERTENSION.

Hunger does not cause high blood pressure, and eating will not make it better. All that will do is to make you gain weight, which will push your BP up even more.

You need urgent treatment to get that BP down. If your BP is relatively normal, but goes up to those levels at times, then you could have very serious condition, which is linked to hormone-producing tumours. And that definitely needs investigating. This condition is not one which can be managed by a GP, so please get to a specialist cardiologist as soon as possible.

HeartDoc