Question

High Blood Pressure Need a saltless diet
I had 2 mild strokes in 2004 since than my night mare started, I found out that 1 grain of salt put my blood pressure up. I stopped using salt in all foods which caused me a lot of cramps, I slowly started to try and work out a plan how to eat and what to eat now more than a year later I still battle with my diet I do not have recipes to us and when I go and visit other people I must always make my own food and take it with Chritmas around the corner leave me with no option but ask you for help. Maybe my Chritsmas lunch this year will be suppurb.
Will you reply to my email please

Sue

Dear Sue
I am sorry to hear about your health problems. There is unfortunately no solution if you are a salt-sensitive hypertensive but to cut out all foods and beverages that contain salt, table salt or sodium (this even includes baking powder and other sources of sodium). A diet that has been specifically developed for hypertension is the DASH Diet. Click on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' to get a copy of the DASH Diet which may help you to control your bp.