Question

High Blood Pressure - side effects
My wife has high blood pressure and whilst the precribed medicine has controlled the blood pressure the side effect of the three tablets tried to date leaves her with a continous cough. The tablets tried to date are Monopril;Cozar and Ziak (she has been trying the latter for the last two weeks but the cough has deteriorated and she has developed an itchy sensation all over her body)
Can you recommend the name of a tablet which may not have these type of contra indications.
Many thanks

Derick, the class of drugs that Monopril® belongs to may cause a chronic cough, but the other two shouldn’t. She can try something like Norvasc®, but I think you should look for the cause somewhere else. Maybe the best would be for her to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.