Question

high protein diet to conceive
Hi Doc,

I have PCOS and have been told that it will be beneficial if I lose some weight as I am quite overweight. My insulin level when tested was 42 so I have been put on metformin 500mg x 3 a day.
I want to know if it is safe to do a high protein diet similar to Atkins or will this negatively influence my chances of falling pregnant. I am also taking my first course of Clomid at the moment.

Thanks/Angela.
fertility expert

hi angela,

reducing weight will help reduce your insulin resistance and help with ovulation.the holford diet is much better as it maintans a constant glucose level and prevents insulin peaks.