Question

High Stress levels
I''m 39 and experience a very high stress level since quit smoking a year and half ago. i experience more panic attacks on a more regular basis. I''m not sure whether its triggered by the coffee intake and makes me hungry just after had breakfast. its like a high discharge of adrenaline. afterwords my body is full off wind and feels like an airlock which cause a short breath with a very high pulse rate.
Stress Reduction Expert

Dear D

Well done for kicking the smoking habit :)

Unfortunately smoking is actually is a very easy (but unhealthy) way to feel relaxed. Fortunately there are several better (healthier) ways to get the same even better ways to control panic, adrenaline surges, etc.

It's best to learn these skills in a structured way that involve: mindfulness, the relaxation response and emotional intelligence.

Warmest,
Justin
Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD