Question

highly underweight
i m 20yrs old
1.78m tall and weigh only 52kgs!!
my calorie intake is less!!
i am purely vegetarian
plz help how do i start increasing weight without side effects
i sleep 6hrs a day and i eat less fruits and vegetables

Dear Mr Underweight
You are indeed dangerously underweight with a BMI of 16.4. Because you need to increase your weight to at least 73 kg with a BMI of 23 as a young, active man, which would entail gaining 21 kg, and as you seem to be following a vegan diet, I must urge you to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to assess your food and nutrient intake and your general health and then guide you through the process of increasing your energy intake.
Please go for professional assistance ASAP as you may be suffering from a variety of deficiencies and time is of the essence.