Question

Hip joint pain
Hi Doc,

I just want to know if there is any off the counter medication I can take to help my cartilage regenerate. I got this pain in my hip joint after I went for a long run. I dont know what it could be but I think it is cartilage brake-down. First I thought it was inflammation because of over use, but it didnt go away even though I havent run for a week after that.

Stretching my hamstrings helped a bit but the pain didnt go away totally. Could it be a nerve pinch?

Thank you for your time.

Dear Nic
It could be inflammation in the bursa of the hip (http://www.physioworks.com.au/images/Injuries-Conditions/troch.bursa.jpg) Try anti-inflammatory like Neurofen or Voltaren if you are not allergic to it or have any other contra-indications like peptic ulcers. Physiotherapy will also be useful.