Question

His reputation
Dear Cybershrink

I really like this man of 55. However he has a reputation as a womaniser. I am told this by his colleague (a male) and his ex girlfriend once made a funny comment to the room at large but I remembered it (he is available but be careful of him), they had just broken up and she did the breaking up and was angry. He himself told me that I am (too decent too for him) but I will always remain a close and special friend to him. We get on G8 and I feel the mutual attraction but we never act on it, I pull back all the time mostly because I came out of a bad relationship a year ago and don''t want to be in one. But I am drawn to him. I feel sad. Because I feel in my heart that it is true about his reputation. What am I asking you? I don''t really know. I did join that Seniors Dating Website just to see who and what responses I get, but very loathe to embark on something for fear of getting hurt. I even entered under a false name.

If he has that reputation it is surely for good reasons. What attracts you to a womanizer ? It's curious that you feel sensiobly cautious about an internet dating site, where people may not be all they seem to be - and yet you appear to feel much less cautious about a guy who unfortunately probably IS all he seems to be and all other folks warn you he is. On what basis do you assume he would not hurt you, while others might do so ?