Question

HIV and AIDS
i am 25 years ols a mother of one year old baby girl and i'm HIV positve they tell us to eat heslthy evereday but i don't konw what to eat everyday and you draw i menu borad fro me please.
I am very despret cause i want to livelonger i healthy for my baby andd my family doesn't know anythning about it

PLS HELP

Dear Liz
The most important thing for People living with HIV-AIDS is to eat a balanced diet. Contact the SA Sugar Association to obtain their Booklet on 'Food Choices for People Living with HIV' from The Nutrition Department, SA Sugar Association, P O Box 700, Mount Edgecombe, 4300, or phone: (031) 508-7000, or send an e-mail to: nutrition@sasa.org.za
Also click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' to find the article I wrote awhile ago on "Update on HIV/AIDS & Diet" which explains that certain foods like garlic can for example reduce the effectiveness of certain antiretrovirals by up to 50%. I have also written some articles on weight gaining. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 203-2000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.
Holding thumbs that you will feel much better.