Question

HIV and Preggies
They say if u r diagnosed HIV+ and u get pregnant chances that u make it through are next to zero.

I feel so bad because there is a friend of mine who is HIV+, wants a baby but is scared because she heared about this and everytime when we talk about me wanting a child and so forth, i feel like i brakking - (spelling?) i dont know what to do or say because sometimes i cant help myself i would just talk and talk about how i want a baby boy and so on..., she has a baby boy and wants a baby girl.

Nokt, I agree with Inc, sounds like "they" are uninformed. Pregnancy has some risks for any woman at any time, but the risk to an HIV + mother are not particularly higher than for anyone else ; the queston is more one of the degree of risk of transmitting the HIV infection to the child. There are many HIV helplines to check such information, and counselling should be available through any clinic that does HIV testng