Question

HIV & Diet

I am HIV+ and on arv's for the past 4years, seems to be working 4 me so far but I've gained lot of weight and need to go on diet to loose some.. I do exercise but need a good diet in terms of reducing my meals etc. don't want my diet to contradict with my meds and drop my cd4 counts. Please advise on what wud be my meals be made of in terms of balance diet and loosing weight without affecting my situation.

Dear Hope
I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), who will help you with a slimming diet that does not hamper your CD4 counts or interfere with your medications. You need an individual diet worked out for you, which is something I cannot do for you over the Internet.