Question

HIV scare
Hi Doc,

I have been in a relationship with this guy for 8 months. When we sarted dating I went for an HIV test and it came back negative. The guy I am dating could not meet me on the day so we could go together.

After a night out of drinking we went back to his place and we dozed off. After about 2 hours of sleep, he penetrated me and I asked if he was wearing a condom he said ''No''. Within a minute I pushed him off and made him wear one.

I am now so scared that I could have contracted HIV from his pre-cum fluid. I have not seen him since and have not told him how that incident made me feel. It was about 2 months ago and am so scared to go test after the window period is over. I even have night sweats and hardly sleep at night. How do I handle this? What are the chances of contracting it based on this incident?

Liz

Your chances are extremely low and I really think that you should not be worried. In the case of a night sexual encounter the chances are 1 in 5000 and seeing that there was slight contact without a condom, your chances are very low.

I suggest that you consult a psychiatrist to assist you in dealing with the trauma and anxiety that you are experiencing.