Ask an expert

25 Jun 2011

HIV test
Hi Doc

I never really thought about getting tested as I didn''t really have any concerns. However I would like to do a routine check to put my mind at ease since i have been sexually active but only had 2 partners. Where can I go and have my blood tested and what is the cost involved? can I get it done at a pharmacy or doctors room or are there free services provided? I''m not sure how to look for places that do testing and how long do you have to wait? I don''t really know the procedure and how private it is.

Thank you in advance
Answer 378 views

01 Jan 0001

The best will be to consult a GP for a HIV PCR test. This is a very accurate test and you should have the results by the following day. It is very confidential and I am not sure about the cost involved.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.