Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
Browse by expert
- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
10 Feb 2003
HOME EXCERCISES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
I am 30 years old - started a fantastic diet (eating 6 small meals per day) and feel great! I lost weight, although I do not weigh myself, I can see it in my clothes. I am cycling at home (15min morning & evening), doing push-ups and crunchies (15 morning & evening), but the cellulite and flabbyness at my innerthy, outerthy and tummy does not seem to disappear. How much should I do per day or what else can I do. I cannot go to a gim, do not have weights and cannot go jogging, as I live on a small holding. I'am 1.63m and now weigh appr. 60kg. I also had a secerian section with the birth of my 2nd child, which caused a bulch over my lower stomach area-how can I get it smaller and/or wrid of it?
Well done on your effective eating plan and exercise. For some additional ideas for exercises, I suggest you log onto www.health24.co.za try the home-based programme "Shape up for Summer". There are many different cardiovascular options with great goals from which to choose, as well as a range of resistance exercises you can do from home.
Variety is probably what you need in both the cardiovascular and ersistance training exercise options as well as varying your intensity in the cardiovascular sessions. I would also recommend you write to Dietdoc, to ensure your diet is optimal. It might not be possible to get rid of your tummy completely, but try these options.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
- Covid-19: Mediclinic terminates elective surgeries in hospitals experiencing resource constraints
- Covid-19 reinfection: How common is it?
- 76% of hospitalised Covid-19 patients experience lingering symptoms, according to a new study
- Coronavirus expected to become endemic, and large-scale vaccinations likely won't carry on forever
- Covid-19 tests and medical aid: This is what your scheme will pay for
- Regulatory approval for AstraZeneca vaccine could be delayed by more than 30 days
- 'We were not sleeping on the job': Ramaphosa, Mkhize allay vaccine delay fears
- Karyn Maughan | Zuma follows in PW Botha’s footsteps with promised 'no show' at State Capture Inquiry
- Ramaphosa: Unity in the ANC is 'slipping through our fingers, it's time to forge it again'
- ANALYSIS | No excuses anymore as Shamila Batohi rounds off the NPA’s leadership team
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18601 votes