Ask an expert

12 Dec 2005

Hope this works
Hey fellow gay folks, I am 24, male, and have an acne problem, it flares up whenever I get stressed. Nobody seems able to solve it, so it just hit me why dont I ask the most qualified people of all, my gay "family", after all who knows better than anyone how to get the most out of this breadcrust that is the male skin, any tips and tricks welcome!!!
Answer 377 views
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

01 Jan 0001

Hi Trying my Luck - welcome here and we're glad you chose to post here. I suggest that you seek the advice of a dermatologist (skin specialist). If there's no medical solution to your acne, you could explore counselling. As you've noticed yourself, there may be a link between your being stressed and your acne and a therapist would be able to help you explore and resolve this. The mind is exceptionally powerful and plays a large part in influencing our bodies.

You may also want to look at ways in which you manage your stress levels.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9260 votes
66% - 17836 votes