Ask an expert

02 Aug 2006

hope you can help me?
Hi i actually need help in finding out a certain medical operation.I Dont knw what it is called i believe it starts with the letter B and involves them cutting underneath the armpits like knife cuts and sticking some tool in there and cleaning clogged nerves and in order to do that they stick a pipe through the throat to blow up the lungs so they can work.Parently a very dangerous operation and would like to know more about it and whats it called.Thank you Moses
Answer 364 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Moses
You may be referring to a sympatectomy or biopsy of the nerves? Why is this operation needed?
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9269 votes
66% - 17863 votes