Question

Hormonal
Dear Dietdoc

I have been on the injection and switching to the Pill (contraceptive) from friday, I know this is all hormonal but with your experience, can one with excercise and the right eating lose any access weight? If i do pick up or I want to lose a bit anyway?

Dear Kasandra
Although some women experience weight gain when they use female hormone treatment for contraception or hormone replacement therapy, while other lose weight - this is an individual reaction. If you tend to gain weight when using female hormones, then it is perfectly possible to counteract this with an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
So eat correctly and get active and you should lose weight.