Question

hot air?
I met a guy 2 years ago and we are friends. He has been saying in the last 1-2 months that he will wait for me to become single as I am worth waiting for. I have been now been single for 2 weeks, and nothing from him. He knew the day I broke up with my ex. I dont know what to make of it. It is as if he has backed off and I have done a thing. I am waiting to see what he does. Was this all a lot of hot air? I didnt break up for him, my ex and I were just not compatible, so I am happy to be single for a while and get over stuff, but I was hoping this ''friend'' would be more there for me :(

Well, you can choose to just wait ( he may have forgotten the specific date ). Or you could contact him in whatever way you uually wood, without saying anything and hope he takes the hint and remembers. Or you could choose to remind him. Maybe you each have a different understanding of what he meant and what the date means for you. Maybe he wasnt anticipating any specific action or down-on-knees proposal on this day, only a gradual change in the nature of your relationship, also allowing you some lee-way to enjoy your more single status. Does he know you expect him to display, in some way, that he is "there for you " ? People, and men especially, can be really tone-deaf about such things, and may appreciate a little guidance