Question

How 2 fight FAT!
Hi there DietDoc!

I would like to ask you a question concerning losing weight. i am 1.78cm tall, weight=64kg
i know i am classed as "Healthy" but i would like to lose another 5-6kg's. i am doing my own personal "diet" basically i eat fruit in the morning, my main meal(which is a salad) for lunch and Vitallinia yoghurt for supper! [i base it on a Low GI carbohydrate diet]
i go for a 15 min walk every day and i also skip daily! in two weeks i have lost 3kilos but now i seem to be hovering at 64kg's! i hate this! i'm trying so hard to lose xtra kilo's... isn't there something i can take to maybe encourage my Metabolism(that works)? i do understand that my diet is currently not VERY balanced (but i can't bare to eat when i look at my fat figure). i will and i know i must resume correct eating patterns once i weigh 58kg's!!!

i've also found 2 products sold overseas called "Triphetamine" AND "Xenadrine RFA-1." are they available in sa? nobody i talk to can give me any info on these products?

PLEASE PLEASE Help... i need to be skinny! i need confidence when i walk out the house and THIN is the only way!

<Thanking You in advance!>
-- Best Regards,
Tarryn

Dear Tarryn
At present your BMI of 20 is already below the ideal, which would be 22 for a weight of 70 kg! If you lose those 6 extra kilograms, your BMI will equal 18, which is the lowest level of normal. At this weight you will have no reserves and you can easily slide into the trap of an Eating Disorder. You are already exhibiting some of the symptoms of anorexia: obsession with slimming, dieting and exercise, use of an unbalanced diet, distorted body image (you think you are fat, when you are really already skinny) and lack of self-confidence which is associated with how you look. Be very careful because an Eating Disorder is a nightmare you don't want to get into. Please don't persist with this diet as you will develop deficiencies and it is so low in energy that it can't possibly sustain your exercise programme. Don't start taking pills and potions, you really don't need them, because exercise is still the best metabolic stimulant. If you lack self-confidence to such a degree that it is causing this self-destructive behaviour, then Please consult a clinical psychologist who will help you to get to the root of this problem and assist you with more appropriate coping mechanisms.
Take great care