Question

HOW CAN I CORRECT INCORRECT EXERCISING
After losing a lot of weight I wanted to tone my body and joined a gym. I did a lot of weight exercises for my legs, upper and calfs, using weights of about 40kg. I have now gained about 10kg
and are busy losing it slowly again by eating correctly. My upper legs however have changed from being nicely formed to being heavy. I have stopped doing weight training for my legs for about a month now and are cycling 40min at Level 3 (cardio) and walking the threadmill 40min at between 6.0 and 6.5. also cardio. Will my legs tone down again and how long does it take. At the moment it really looks very heavy. What other exercises can I do to improve it. Running at the moment I can only do for about 1min every 5 min. as I find it very streneous on my knees. Please advise

thanks

Hi Julia

You are correct in opting for regualr cardiovascular exercise as well as your toning exercises. Needless to say, you also need to monitor your diet. I would not recommend stopping all weight training on your legs, all I would recommend is using lighter weights and higher repetitions.
It's not essential that you run on the treadmill, brisk walking is fine.

I'm sure that the combined effort of regular exercise and a low fat, balanced diet should help your legs to slim down and I'm sure you'll notice a big difference oince the 10kg is off.

Good luck.