Question

How can you "just know"?
Some people say that they "just knew they were different".

What if it's just that you're insecure? I'm insecure about everything, not just my sexuality. Evidence (by evidence, I mean who I've had feelings for in the past, who I've always been drawn to, who I've always felt comfortable flirting with) would indicate that I'm straight.

Could people who say they "just know", just be insecure?

Sorry if I sound like I "just don't understand".
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Sam and welcome to our forum.

I'm assuming that ppl who refer to "just knowing" are the opposite of insecure - they're secure enough to listen to and acknowledge their fantasies and desires. We all know what pushes our buttons in terms of sexual and emotional attraction, and if your attraction has been to the opposite sex then you need to accept that you're straight.