Question

Mark under lips
Hi. When I was young, I started to lick the bottom of my lips. This became a very bad habit...and the more I licked it the more it burned but I still carried on. Because of this, I now have this dark embarrassing mark under my lips and I pick at it constantly. How do I get rid of it??
Beyond Beauty Q&A
Beyond Beauty Aesthetic Doctor

Thank you for your question. This sounds like you have developed PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) because you have constantly injured and irritated the area by licking. So you need to start by doing three things: 1) Get out of the habit of licking the area; 2) You need to get a good tyrosinase inhibitor to stop more pigment formation – something like Lamelle Brighter Concentrate; 3) You need to make sure that you use a good facial SPF every day to ensure that the existing pigment does not darken any further. If you want more information on the various product options you can consider, have a look here: https://onlineskinshop.co.za/register/