Question

How do i
Hi i am a 25 year old male. My question is that i have a girlfriend, but she can just not satisfy my sexual drive. I have spoken to her about this, but her reply was that sex is just not that important for her. I mean, i buy her flowers at least once a week, see to her every need, give her all the love i can, look after her financially, so it cant be that, is this just the way some women are, or do you think i have a problem ? I have never cheated on her even once.

If you are hungry and your partner is also hungry, there will be little disagreement over what to eat and how often to eat it. Both having a desire for satisfaction allows comfortable cooperation in the planning, the preparation and the consuming of the meal. Just as two hungry people are both eager to eat, when both partners have similar sexual appetites they are both likely to be eager to make love.

When one partner is hungry but the other is not, the hungry one's invitation to eat may not be enthusiastically accepted. Talking of pizza may fall on deaf ears and presenting a cookbook may not promote a keen interest in eating - or even reading about food. In fact, trying to force food would likely backfire, stirring resentment and avoidance, rather than awakening a desire to eat. Pressure or coercion have never stiired an appetite. In similar fashion, pressure fosters sexual avoidance, not sexual passion.

With a biological hunger for food, we may invite our partner to eat with us and, if he or she is not interested, we might say, "If you are not hungry, I'll just eat alone and satisfy myself." This is reasonable. The one making the statement usually feels OK saying it and the listener is usually OK hearing it. However, when it comes to biological hunger for sex we may not feel so good about saying, "If you are not horny, I'll just play alone and satisfy myself!"
Furthermore, many partners would be appalled that their ravenous mate would even think of such a thing. If you are hungry, it is OK for you to eat alone, but if you are horny, it may not be OK for you to orgasm alone!

The difference between thinking of satisfying an appetite for food and satisfying an appetite for sex is most dramatic when it comes to satisfying the hunger somewhere else. We might say to our partner, "Since you are not hungry, I'll have a meal with my friend." That's usually OK with everyone involved. However, if we say, "Since you are not horny, I'll just go have my climax with my friend!" the reaction will be quite different.

We need to understand sexual desire as a biological hunger, but as an appetite with some very interesting psychosocial limitations and interpersonal implications!!