Question

how do I change my guy''s opinion of me being needy?
I spoke about it earlier this week. He is now because the world cup is finished extremely busy. he has felt pressure from me this week even though i have contacted him less.

it all changed after sunday when he was busy with projects again. i now dont get affectionate texts any more.

i feel like he is irritated with me when he speaks to me. i dont think he knows how to handle stress. i have told him i will get used to his long hours of work but he still sees me as the insecure person i was on wednesday.

how do i change his view of me if i dont get to speak to him that often?

It really aounds as though you ARE needy, at least to a point beyond what you can reasonably expect of someone prperly engaged in his own career and business. Affectionate texts are not considered a basic human right which we can demand from others. I wonder whether it is him who is odd for becoming irritated when you make such unreasonable demands - its not him who is handling stress badly, but you.
See a counsellor and deal with your issues of neediness and expecting frequent affectionate compliments, otherwise this neediness may not only druve this guy away, but possibly other nice people