Question

How do I get rid of a panic attack?
I seem to get panic attacks. Well, after reading the article about anxiety and panic attacks/disorders here on Health24, that's how it seems. My problem is that it sometimes strikes at work, but it's just as bad when I am alone at home. My heart start beating faster, I feel dizzy, my hands start sweating and my chest feels heavy, as if someone is sitting on it. It sometimes feels as if someone is trying to choke me, and I struggle to breath normally. Sometimes I see white flashing lights. Please give me practical advice on what to do to get rid of those terrible feelings.

See a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment to confirm the diagnosis, and then to discuss treatment options. Proper medication, and some counselling, can work swonders to get rid of these attacks completely. Do this as soon as possible, as there's no need for you to continue these miserable experiences any longer. And meantime, remember that while it feels as if you're going to go mad / drop dead / or something equally dire, this won't happen. And leave O to stew in his own pathetic juices